Follow Me!

Twitter - @runmagsrun .:. Pinterest - pinterest.com/runmagsrun

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Love With Food Subscription Box

Are you one of those folks that has gotten into the subscription box craze? I AM! I started out with the Graze box back a few months ago and while I really liked a lot of their snacks, I put my subscription on hold to try out the Love With Food boxes.





The Love With Food boxes include gourmet samples of different foods each month and you can choose to go with four different types of subscriptions - monthly, three month, six month, and yearly. I went with the three month option to get a decent judge of it before I decide whether or not to continue the subscription. For just $12 per box, it was just about the same that I was paying for the Graze box per month ($5/box, including shipping, and I would get it bi-weekly). Check out their Facebook page before your order, because you can get a code to get your first box free!

The May box featured items picked by Andrew Zimmern of Travel Channel fame, so I was excited to see what was included in my first box this month. Well, it is abundantly clear that the foodies at Love With Food were aiming for a tropical theme for the June box as the majority of the samples included coconut. While I'm not crazy about coconut, I'll certainly give everything a try.

This month's box included olive oil roasted seaweed, coconut and mango fruit ice, a gluten-free pineapple coconut cereal bar, organic fruit gummy bears, plantain chips, a mango coconut Soy Joy bar, pomegranate mint gum, citrus hibiscus drink mix, and organic apple and blood orange hard candies. There were also Soy Joy coupons, a card to get a year subscription to Food & Wine for $12, and a $50 "gift card" for nakedwines.com.




Overall, not a bad haul for just $12. The bad thing about the gift card for the online wine store is that they don't ship to Pennsylvania (boo, antiquated liquor laws!), so if I decide to use it, I'll need to ship it to some family in Maryland.
It's still too early to decide if I'll keep the subscription going after my initial three months, but so far I'm pretty pleased with the selection.
I also signed up to get a Stride Box and my first box will arrive in early July. I'm really excited about that one, too, because it's all runners' gear!

* A note: Neither Love With Food nor any of the manufacturers of the products enclosed in the Love With Food box provided me with any compensation for this review. The box subscription was paid for by me and the opinions of this product are exclusively my own.

2 comments: